An Overlooked Strategy For Reducing Holiday Stress
The busyness of the holidays can make your stress levels soar. With only 20 days left until Christmas, here are just a few of the things you may need to get done:
- Decorating your home (inside & out), including buying a Christmas tree and hanging Christmas lights.
- Shopping for holiday food items, menu planning.
- Baking cookies and special treats.
- Shopping for presents; Trying to find a parking place.
- Searching for just the right presents.
- Dinners & holiday parties to go to.
- Special programs: pageants, church services & school concerts.
- Christmas cards to write and send.
- Packages to mail.
- Talking with family and friends on the phone.
- Getting the house ready for company.
- Holiday travel & arrangements to make.
Does this list cause you to feel stressed? In the next 20 days, you may not have much time for exercise or relaxation. You need a method of quickly reducing your stress that doesn’t take a lot of time.
In my own life, I have found prayer to be very helpful for reducing stress. I pray quick short prayers throughout the day. I often ask God for strength and patience. I pray for my family and friends. I try to remember to thank God for blessings, both large and small. I’ve found that prayer really improves my attitude. I feel more at peace and I look at things from a bigger perspective. How about you? Has prayer helped you deal with stress?